'Tis the season for gifting, and what better way to celebrate the festivities than to gift thoughtful, locally made goodies. These curated goods are either made right here on The Ninch, or have been designed, made with or produced by one of our clever locals. Happy shopping!
Stocking Fillers – Around $25
1. Sunbutter SPF50 Reef Safe Sunscreen: This broad-spectrum SPF50 is a new generation of suncare that is good for your skin AND the earth. It's a skin-safe and reef-safe formula that you'll actually enjoy putting on. Founders Sacha and Tom were working on the Ningaloo Reef in Western Australia when they developed their natural, high-quality sun protection, which comes in an eco-friendly tin designed to be reused and recycled. Sunbutter offers ultimate sun protection without the harsh chemicals and nasties that wreak havoc on your skin and our precious marine life and corals reefs. Better yet, it comes in a tinted version to give you that perfect post-holiday glow. From $29.95
2. Jala Jala Davidson Plum White Chocolate: This unique treat is a delicate balance of smooth white chocolate and the lively pleasures of the Australian Bush, with the Davidson Plum giving a slight tang that breaks through the sweetness of the lush white chocolate. Founder Sharon Brindley is a Yamatji/Noongar woman and the proud owner of Cooee Café on the Mornington Peninsula. In 2020, she launched her wholesale business Jala Jala Treats, which in her Indigenous language means VERY GOOD. Sharon and her team are passionate about bringing you the unique flavours of the Australian Bush in a variety of delicious forms. $12.75
3. Polly's Farm Botanical Bath Soak: A gentle handmade blend of premium natural salts and botanicals to soothe and restore. Polly's Farm was born from a passion for the healing powers of nature. For founder Kimberley, Polly's Farm is a dream come to fruition; crafting handmade natural botanical skincare products that nourish our bodies while protecting and preserving the natural environment. All Polly's Farm products are made with love on the Mornington Peninsula. From $20.00
4. The Patty Claw Clip by Emeldo: This checked little number goes with just about anything and is the perfect stocking filler. Emeldo accessories are eclectic, fun, bold and bright, and are designed by the delightful Emily D right here on the Mornington Peninsula. $17.00
5. The Peel Thing Dried Oranges: Time to step up your cocktail game! These zesty stocking fillers are available in a range of yummy fruits and are made by the team behind Beach Box Grazing. They have a conveniently long shelf life, are packed in cute little jars, and are a sweet (and sophisticated) addition to any bar cart. From $12.00
Thoughtful Gifts – Around $50
1. Olieve and Olie Wash & Cream Twin Set: The twin-set gift pack is a classic can't-go-wrong Christmas present. We love Olieve & Olie for their natural scents, thoughtful packaging and the luxurious olive oil base that elevates all of their products. It's no surprise that owners Andy & Jude quickly outgrew their small home studio from where they first started their business. Their beautiful range of products is now made in their Rosebud factory and sent to boutique stockists around the country. Olieve & Olie is a real'kitchen to factory' success story. $42.00
2. Gather MP Cookbook: Seasonal recipes and stunning photographs capture the region's essence – the surrounding sea, coast and farmland – and its seasonal changes throughout the year. The book is filled with heart-warming anecdotes, ideas to inspire the home cook and mouth-watering images to delight and inspire. Curated by local food writer and produce-lover Fiona Hammond and photographed by Adrian Lander, the book is a culmination of recipes that celebrate local farmers, cheesemakers, bakers, beekeepers, fishers, winemakers and brewers, and the goodness that they produce. $50.00
3. Bass Surf Gum Nut Tee: Born out of a passion for the surf industry and a desire to support independent and local brands, Craig 'Watto' Watson conjured up the idea of Bass as a way to source and stock products with the local surfer and the local climate in mind. This classic black tee features the work of local artist Jack Miers. $45.00
4. The Other Straw Zero Waste Travel Set: This one's an ideal gift for those on the move! The nifty travel set makes carrying (and remembering) all of your zero waste essentials a breeze. Run by passionate locals Jamie-Lee and Lennart, The Other Straw is a 100% carbon neutral business highlighting all of the little ways that we can live more sustainability. $45.00
5. Main Ridge Olive Co Olive Oil: Premium cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil makes a great gift – and this snazzy-looking bottle is grown, pressed and bottled right here on The Ninch. Their products are made from organically managed and pesticide-free olive trees in groves all over the Peninsula. Did we mention Main Ridge Olive Oil is delicious!? Gift, pour or drizzle to your heart's content. $32.00
Show Stoppers – Under $150
1. Kate Macindoe Leaf Studs: These sweet little earrings are the perfect gift for nature lovers. Kate Macindoe is a Mornington Peninsula silversmith who has spent her life collecting and admiring natural treasures that wash up on the beach. Kate values the slow, sustainable and thoughtful process of homemade wares, and uses ethically sourced stones and materials in her work. From $85.00
2. Penny Cushion by Emma Morgan: The Penny Cushion features Emma Morgan's hand-painted tartan in candy pink, peach and teal. The cushion is printed onto a textured cotton/linen blend, is hand sewn by Emma, and features a gold zip on the bottom. Ca-ute!! $120.00
3. Terracotta Crescent Wall Planter by Kate Bowman: These striking wall planters are super fun and – might we say – very on-trend. The glazed terracotta planter features a hole at the back for hanging and a tiny drainage hole so you can pot your plant right into them. They also look just as lovely perched on a shelf next to your favourite curiosities. Kate Bowman (of Stoker Studio) is one of our favourite local makers creating a storm this festive season. $140.00
4. Moon Dust Candle by Seek Solitude: Handmade and poured on the Mornington Peninsula, Seek Solitude's Moon Dust candle cultivates ambience, calm and simplicity in your home. The natural soy wax base has been carefully blended with pure essential oils to create the perfect signature scent, a delicate blend of cedarwood, lavender, lemon, rosemary and frankincense. Every vessel is carefully handmade from concrete, with maker Ben casting, setting and sanding each piece to perfection from their factory in Rosebud. $80
5. Barbados Gift Pack from Jimmy Rum: Based in Dromana, Jimmy Rum are on a mission to educate the masses on just how good rum can be. Grab a 700ml bottle of their 1st import release – and because this premium rum needs to be shared and savoured – two of their cool rocking rum glasses. $145.00
Picks for Kids – Under $50
1. Magical Mindfulness Cards for Kids:These super-cute cards include an engaging collection of mindfulness exercises for kids, curated by local maker Di of Nunchi Oils. They include a mix of yoga, breathing and gratitude practices that are designed to invoke a sense of play and joy in your favourite little people.
2.Bass Colouring Book: The perfect stocking filler for creative kids, the Bass Surf Colouring Book has been designed by local artist Jack Miers and is filled with fun illustrations that capture iconic locations on the Mornington Peninsula.
3. Kollab Lunchboxes: Made from their factory in Rosebud Industrial Estate, Kollab lunchboxes are perfect for keeping your little ones' lunches cool all summer long. With a huge array of fun and funky prints to choose from, you can pick the perfect print to match their little (or big) personality.